Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hello 2nd Trimester!

I haven't written much about the first trimester but I sure am glad to be out of it! I wasn't too sick, but I did feel exhausted for most of it. I took a nap everyday or Chris might call it a "coma." I was so pooped! Weeks 6-9 entailed MANY food aversions. In fact, I couldn't see meat, smell it, cook it, or eat it. Browning ground beef one afternoon sent me to the toilet gagging. I've never not liked chicken in my life until I became pregnant. I also started my weekly runs to McDonald's for a large french fry and small coke. Those have continued to be one of my favorite parts of the day.

Now the 2nd trimester begins. I'm 14 1/2 weeks and have started poking out a little bit. I was so excited that I went and bought maternity clothes- I officially look pregnant now! I've gained 4 pounds in 4 weeks when I didn't gain any the first 10 weeks. I have my energy back, appetite is in FULL SWING, and I'm nesting. The house is going to get new carpet and new paint in the nursery. Our doctor's visit last Wednesday showed a beautiful, healthy baby with a heart beat of 173 beats per minute! I know everyone says that means it's a girl, but I just bet it's a boy for spite. Our doctor assured us last week that he was 100% sure we were having a boy or a girl (funny guy huh?). We'll find out on Feb. 11th. Only a few more weeks and baby Peevy will have a name!

What do you think? Is it ...Reagan Christine or Elijah Michael? I'd love to hear your prediction!

More ultrasound pictures to come this week...I have tons!

2 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a second grade teacher at Chestnut Mountain Elementary School. I live with my husband, Chris, and our Pug, Scout, in Jefferson, GA. We are members of The Church at Southside where my husband leads worship. We are very excited to be adding to our family in July...we are expecting a son. His name will be Abram Michael and we couldn't be more blessed. We love the Lord and one another and I guess that's really all that counts. May God bless you!