Tuesday, March 23, 2010

23 Weeks


Hello everyone! I realize that I'm a little behind in posting, but better late than never, right? Check out that tummy! Yeah, I've been growing A LOT lately.
We've been running a marathon around our house lately- I'm so exhausted! We're anxiously getting Abe's room ready for "spring cleaning" and "renovation." Since I last blogged, I've completely changed the room scheme (don't judge me- a pregnant woman can change her mind as often as she likes-haha). I had everything all picked out with the sports theme and then I made the mistake of going onto Pottery Barn Kids' website. If I had a small fortune, I would spend it all there. I fell in love with the "Sweet Lambie Pie" bedding. Check it out at http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/sweet-lambie-nursery-bedding/?pkey=bunisex-nursery-bedding/
It's khaki, brown, and white and oh so precious! I will post pictures of the room in April after the "renovation." I've been going crazy on etsy.com looking for accessories to go with the room. It's so much fun!
So here's a cute way to update you on the pregnancy (if you really care) that my friend is doing on her blog...so of course I did what all good teachers do, I stole it- haha!
Maternity Clothes? Have you seen that tummy? Oh yeah, there's no wearing any of my old clothes. Bye bye size 4...will I ever see you again?
Stretch Marks? So far, so good. None of those nasty little things have showed up...yet. I'm hoping my olive skin tone will hide them well.
Sleep? Yeah that has changed. I used to be someone who could sleep like a rock. Chris has always been jealous of me because I could literally sleep through a tornado. Now, it's hard to settle down at night, my mind races. Then, I wake up at least 2 times to pee and another time to strip off clothes for a hot flash. It's annoying.
Best Moment this Week? Definitely when I feel Abe move. He is a little wiggle worm and I love just lying on the couch watching my stomach jump up and down and feeling his little line-backer kicks. It makes me feel so close to him that I sit there talking to him like some crazy person. But he has ears so I know he can hear me!
Movement? See above.
Food Cravings? I just like food, period. I'm pretty hungry and I've been amazed at how much I can eat compared to my pre-pregnancy appetite. My strangest and most consistent craving has been for Mr. Pibb. I can only have a little caffeine so I try to only drink one of these per day but it's like the highlight of my day.
Gender? BOY!
Belly Button in or out? Oh where has my cute little "innie" gone? It's not "out" by definition, but it certainly does not look like my once, cute belly button that looked good in a two-piece swimsuit. The dark line circling around it and running down my stomach doesn't help either! I really hope it goes back to normal after Abe joins the planet.
Wedding rings on or off? Still on and my hands aren't swelling yet. My ankles are swollen at the end of the day, but so far the swelling is confined to my lower half.
What I'm Looking Forward to: Getting the nursery done and our attending our childbirth classes. We registered at the hospital last week and I can't wait to watch Chris when they start explaining the labor process!
Milestones? Feeling Abe move definitely and Chris getting to feel it too. It made it more real for him I think and now he always falls asleep with this hand on my tummy. Also, last week was the first time I was showing enough to have a complete stranger notice I was "expecting." I smiled!
Tomorrow I have to go for the Glucose Test for gestational diabetes. I'm not looking forward to drinking that yucky stuff. That's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. you look great, girl!! i'm so happy for you and chris. :-)
    love you!
    natalie

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a second grade teacher at Chestnut Mountain Elementary School. I live with my husband, Chris, and our Pug, Scout, in Jefferson, GA. We are members of The Church at Southside where my husband leads worship. We are very excited to be adding to our family in July...we are expecting a son. His name will be Abram Michael and we couldn't be more blessed. We love the Lord and one another and I guess that's really all that counts. May God bless you!