Friday, June 18, 2010

36 Weeks


I have been such a bad blogger! Many weeks and many pounds have passed since I last blogged but I'm going to write about what's happening now anyways! First, here's my update for 36 weeks:
Maternity Clothes? Hello- YES!
Stretch Marks? I can't believe I've made it this far with none of those nasty little things but I have!
Sleep? What? Sleep? I get very little of that. At least I'm on a schedule. I get in the bed around 10 with Chris. Potty break at 2 a.m., again at 5 a.m., then I lay awake until I get up with Chris. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to fall back asleep but rarely. My mind races, my back hurts, my legs cramp, you get the picture.
Best Moment this Month: Finishing the Nursery! It's perfect! I couldn't be happier with Abe's room. I find myself sitting in there just dreaming about my anticipated baby boy!
Movement? Lots of movement although it's less kicking now and more wiggling, squirming, and lots of Hiccups! He's running out of room to kick me very hard.
Food Cravings? As cliche as it is, Ice Cream, is a highlight of my day. A new craving for fruit has found me, which is good because I've never been a very healthy eater! I love watermelon and strawberries right now!
Gender? It's all BOY at our house!
Labor signs? I've had a few scattered Braxton-Hicks contractions and cramping. I'm also carrying quite low now as Abe has assumed the head-down position and has "dropped." But at my last check-up, I was not dilated at all so still waiting!
Belly button in or out? My once innie is now an official "outtie!"
Wedding rings on or off? Been off for at least 3 weeks now. In this Georgia heat, my hands swell and finally it was bye bye rings. Chris bought me a beautiful 2 1/2 carat diamond to replace them- oh and it's totally fake- it was $18 at Kohl's! I had to have something on my finger- I just felt weird without rings on that finger!
What I miss? bending over and picking things up, sleep, sushi and oysters, sleeping on my tummy (not that I could do that with my frequent bathroom breaks).
What I'm looking forward to: Meeting my son! It's so close now that I can't stand it!
Weekly Wisdom: As anxious and ready as I am to hold my little boy, I can't help but think about how much I've loved being pregnant. I've been blessed with a wonderful, sick-free pregnancy for which most of I've felt the best I've ever felt in my life! How can you not feel great when there's life growing inside you? It's so amazing and I don't know if I'll ever get to do it again so I'm taking in every moment, every movement, every hiccup, every internal connection that only mothers understand. I thank God everyday for allowing me to have this gift for 9 months- it's truly been the best, happiest, and healthiest 9 months of my life!
So that's my update for now. I'll write again next week after my doctor's appointment as I go weekly now.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you....you look awesome! This is truly a miracle and a blessing...the best is yet to come...enjoy every single minute of it. I love you.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a second grade teacher at Chestnut Mountain Elementary School. I live with my husband, Chris, and our Pug, Scout, in Jefferson, GA. We are members of The Church at Southside where my husband leads worship. We are very excited to be adding to our family in July...we are expecting a son. His name will be Abram Michael and we couldn't be more blessed. We love the Lord and one another and I guess that's really all that counts. May God bless you!